The Virgin Islands Board of Education (VIBE) believes the strategies below will be the most effective means of ensuring continuity of basic operations, while it does its part to reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus:
- Beginning Wednesday, March 25, all persons conducting business with VIBE will be required to utilize the following options: VIBE website – www.myviboe.com; telephone 774-4546 (STT) or 772-4144 (STX); the U.S. Mail; an external drop box for submitting documents to the office. There will be no direct contact with the general public.
- All hearings and meetings requiring face-to-face contact will be suspended until the coronavirus pandemic stabilizes.
VIBE Emergency Work Plan and Office Protocol
- VIBE personnel will be on site from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- On those days and times when staff is not available, a telephone message system will be activated, offering alternate contact numbers to individuals depending on their specific needs.
- Visit the VIBE website: www.myviboe.com to obtain and submit any applications electronically. Paper applications are discouraged, but they will be accepted. They can be mailed to the following addresses on St. Thomas and St. Croix.
St. Thomas Office
P.O. Box 11900
Nos. 60B, 61 and 62
St. Thomas, VI 00801
St. Croix Office
1123 King Street
Christiansted, VI 00820
- The V.I. Board of Education’s scholarship deadline has been extended to April 30, 2020.
- All student loan payments must be mailed in using check or money order for deposit.