In accordance with Virgin Islands law, Dayna Clendinen, director of the Division of Personnel and Winnie Testamark, director of Bureau of Corrections; announce testing for the rank of correction officer territory-wide. All interested candidates must sign-up and submit a completed application package online at www.dopusvi.org by 11:59 p.m., Thursday, July 2. The testing dates are schedule for July 20-24.
The online preparation manual and practice test that simulates the full-length version of the exam are free of charge to applicants as a complement of the Bureau of Corrections. Among other qualifications, candidates must successfully pass a Civil Service Exam online, a physical agility test, a psychological exam, an oral board interview and a comprehensive background check.
The following candidates will be exempted from sitting the written examination, but they are required to meet all other established criteria for qualification:
- Persons holding a degree in any field of study (Associates and above) from an accredited institution.
- All honorably discharged veterans from any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (DD214).
- *National Guardsmen/Air Guard Reserve serving in specialized Military Police (MP) unit for at least two years in good standing.
- *Current/former police cadets who successfully completed established police cadet curriculum along with written verification from VIPD officials.
- Certified correction officers from any U.S. jurisdiction correctional facility in good standing.
For further information or a complete list of qualifications, contact Loretta David, personnel analyst II-STT, at 774-8588 or Zolymar Garcia, personnel analyst II-STX, at 718-8588.