The Virgin Islands Housing Authority (VIHA) returned to its usual 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule on Monday, June 8, in keeping with government COVID-19 policy of a gradual return to normalcy.
The housing authority had curtailed its hours in March and suspended in-person contact with the public to ensure the health and safety of its residents and staff.
As of Monday, all VIHA staff are back at work and meeting in person, although heightened COVID-19 precautions, such as masks, hand sanitizer and six-foot distancing, continue.
These protocols are in effect at all VIHA facilities, including central and management offices:
- Applicants and others can be seen by appointment only. Please wear masks when visiting in person.
- Inspections and routine repairs have resumed.
- Rental payments can be made in person.
- Late fees for rent payments will continue to be waived until further notice.
- Community centers remain closed.
- Residents or voucher holders who had a loss or decrease of income should let VIHA know immediately.