81.4 F
Charlotte Amalie
Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Community

Congresswoman Stacey Plaskett Hosts JROTC Students From CAHS in Washington, D.C.

Congresswoman Stacey Plaskett released the following statement regarding her recent visit with JROTC students from the Charlotte Amalie High School.

CHTA Education Foundation and Les Roches Launch Professional Development Program

The program builds on the two organizations’ existing partnership, which began in 2019, and is designed to accelerate the trajectory of participants’ hospitality careers.

UVI Bulletin Board for July

Here is what' happening on both campuses of the University of the Virgine Islands.

Wilbur G. Lewis Sr. Dies at 96

Wilbur G. Lewis Sr. was born on May 27, 1925, and died on June 28, 2021.

Consumer Justice Group to Hold Virtual Meeting on WAPA LEAC Increase

The Virgin Islands Alliance for Consumer Justice will host a virtual meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 22 via its Facebook page to discuss the recent decision by the PSC to grant WAPA a LEAC rate increase.

Francois St. Remy Dies at 78

Francois “Francis” St. Remy, long-time resident of Estate Strawberry Hill, died on Friday, July 2. He was 78 years old.

Simple Cynical Clinical Minute 8: The Return of the Pox

After a successful start to vaccination, it has stalled. And now we see a rise in cases. Many people I speak to say "they are not ready" for the vaccine. Seriously, I have no idea what that means besides fear of the vaccine. 

Sen. Carrion Voices Concerns About Territory’s ESL Program

Sen. Samuel Carrión, a former student of the ESL program on St. Croix, became very concerned with the responses given by representatives from the V.I. Department of Education.

UVI Appoints Karen Brown Dean of the School of Education

She has more than 20 years of higher education experience and 14 years in higher education leadership.

UVI Appoints Pamela Moolenaar-Wirsiy as First Dean of Innovation and Student Success

This position will further UVI’s strategic plan, for “Greatness Through Innovation” goals, and it will help to position the university as an innovative institution and as a place that fosters innovation.