Dave Gerard’s Groove Thang returns for its annual tour of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Starting in 2002, (including St. Croix for many years) the bands have never missed a year, only missing St. John in 2018 due to the damage of the hurricanes.
The band will be performing on St. John at the Beach Bar and at Skinny Legs, and also on St. Thomas and Water Island. Venues include Tickles @ Crown Bay, Sapphire Beach Bar and Heidi’s Honeymoon Grill. The tour will run from March 8-18.
This eclectic trio has been “tearing it up” and wowing crowds in New England, Virginia, Colorado and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Their infectious roots’ grooves and strong songwriting will hook lovers of many music genres. With the full band Truffle, DG & DB have toured all but 10 states, and they have shared the stage with Dave Matthews Band, The Radiators, Widespread Panic and The Band — to name a few.
DG, DB and Kent have had the privilege to perform with Phish and Little Feat as well. Check out the latest CD, “FIVE,” recorded with Bill Payne from Little Feat.
“Five” is a celebration of sorts. It’s feel-good music with a message. From opener “Magical Day” to closing track, “As Good As It Gets,” what you’ll hear is inspired music percolating with energy, the kind of energy that comes from Gerard and the fresh approach of recording live tracks augmented by masterful flourishes from Payne’s studio presence and contributions.
March Tour 2019 (DG, DB & Kent):
1) Fri. March 8 – TICKLES @ Crown Bay Marina, St. Thomas 7-10 p.m.
2) Sat. March 9 – SAPPHIRE BEACH BAR, St. Thomas – 3-6 p.m.
3) Sun. March 10 – HEIDI’S HONEYMOON GRILL / BEACH Water Island (St. Thomas) Time TBA
4) Mon. March 11, Tues. March 12, Thurs. March 14 – BEACH BAR, Cruz Bay, St. John – 8 p.m.
5) Wed. March 13 – SKINNY LEGS, Coral Bay, St. John – 6-9 p.m.
6) Fri. 3/15 – Private – Water Island
7) Sun. March 17 – HEIDI’S HONEYMOON GRILL / BEACH, Water Island (St. Thomas) Time TBA (St. Patrick’s Day with Parade)