The Department of Human Services (DHS) will hold a public hearing at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 31, via a Virtual Teams Meeting to share the FY 2023 Intended Use Plan the department’s Social Services Block Grant (SSBG).
The grant is a flexible source of federal funding that allows states and territories to tailor social service programming to their population’s needs. A block grant is a non-competitive formula grant mandated by the U.S. Congress. Eligible entities must submit an annual application to demonstrate statutory and regulatory compliance in order to receive the formula-based funding. The Department of Human Services SSBG funded services will be directed toward the following goals:
- Achieving or maintaining economic self-support to prevent, reduce or eliminate dependency
- Achieve or maintained self-sufficiency including reduction or prevention or dependency
- Preventing or remedying neglect, abuse or exploitation of children and adults unable to protect their own interests
- Preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care by providing for community- based care, home-based care, or other forms of less intensive care
- Securing referral or admission for institution care when other forms of care are not appropriate or providing services to individuals in institutions.
Commissioner Kimberley Causey-Gomez invites members of the public to join the TEAMS Virtual Meeting at 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 31. Human Services looks forward to sharing the FY 2023 SSBG Intended Use Plan and welcomes public feedback.
Join on the meeting on computer or mobile app
go to https://Teams.microsoft.com (Use web app)
Meeting ID: 252 842 249 470
Or call in (audio only)
+1 929-374-4805,,67311005# United States
Phone Conference ID: 673 110 05#