The Office of the Lieutenant Governor Division of the Corporations and Trademarks launched the second phase of its new on-line system, Catalyst, this month. Available services through the Catalyst system are:
– Registration, Renewal and Withdrawal of Trade Names
– Registration of Partnerships (LP, LLP, and LLLP)
– Registration of Non-profit and Trade and Labor Corporations
– Registration of Alien Corporations
– Registration of Domestic, Foreign, Professional, Foreign Professional Corporations
– Registration of Domestic, Foreign, Professional, Foreign Professional Limited Liability Companies
– Franchise Tax and Annual Report Submission for All Entities
– Changes to Charter Documents for All Entities
– Obtain Good Standing Certificate Once Business Entity Status is Active/In Good Standing for All Entities.
All filers must have an email address and current telephone number to create a user account for new business entity registration and to update the profile for their existing business entities at www.corporationsandtrademarks.vi.gov. More information is online at www.ltg.gov.vi.
Business entities that must continue to submit paper filings to the division are:
Exempt Limited Liability Companies
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Filings
The upcoming deadline for new business entity registration paper submission to the division is Nov. 16. After that, filings will be online.
In a statement. Lt. Gov. Osbert Potter encouraged business entities and trade name owners to comply with the franchise tax/annual report and renewal requirements before the end of 2018 to ensure that business entity status is active and in good standing or current in Catalyst. If business entity owners do not comply with the statutory requirements, the division will commence administrative dissolution procedures in 2019.
More information is available by calling the division at 340-776-8515 on St. Thomas or 340-773-6449 on St. Croix.