Director Dayna Clendinen of the Division of Personnel and Director Winnie Testamark of the Bureau of Corrections have announced the qualifications and dates of the Territory-wide Correction Officer Entrance Examinations.
Qualifications: A candidate must have completed the 12th grade or possess an equivalency certificate and possess or be able to obtain a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen at least 20 years old and not have reached his/her 46th birthday. Candidates must successfully pass the Civil Service online examination, a physical agility test, a psychological exam, an oral board interview, as well as a comprehensive background check.
Application Deadline Date: July 16
Testing Dates: Aug. 5-9
Note: All interested candidates must sign-up and submit a completed application package online at www.dopusvi.org by 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, July 16.
Online preparation manual and practice tests that simulate the full-length version of the exam are now available for a nominal fee.
The following candidates will be exempted from sitting the written examination but are required to meet all other established criteria for qualification.
1. Persons holding a degree in any field of study (Associates and above) from an accredited institution
2. All honorably discharged veterans from any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (DD214)
3. National Guardsmen/Air Guard Reserve serving in specialized Military Police (MP) unit for at least two years in good standing
4. Current/former police cadets who completed established police cadet curriculum along with written verification from VIPD officials.
5. Certified correction officers from any U.S. jurisdiction correctional facility in good standing
For further information, contact Loretta David, personnel analyst II – St. Thomas, at 774-8588 or Zolymar Garcia, personnel analyst II – St. Croix, at 718-8588.