The V.I. Police Department are asking the community to be aware of their surroundings as they traverse the community during the festive season.
The VI Police Department is asking everyone to:
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Avoid walking alone
· Not accept rides from strangers
· Travel in pairs or more when attending social functions
· Act swiftly if you see something suspicious
· Trust your instincts
· Not leave your children unattended
· Have keys in your hand when approaching your car at night
· Not leave your drink uncovered at a social gathering or bar
· If you go to dance and left your drink uncovered, throw it away when you return
· Dial 911 if you feel you are in danger.
For more information on how to prevent being a victim, call the Crime Prevention Bureau at 778-2211.