The Virgin Islands Track and Field Federation (VITFF) announces that the Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA) Track & Field Championships will be held in Jamaica, West Indies, from April 16-18. All athletes interested in qualifying for the V.I. CARIFTA Team are urged to seek qualifying competitions in the region or elsewhere and report official results accordingly.
Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA) Qualifying Standards
BOYS and GIRLS UNDER 20 (athletes born 2003 or later)
BOYS and GIRLS UNDER 17 (athletes born 2006 or later)
Ages are as of Dec. 31, 2022.
- Please review the standards for CARIFTA 2022
- Please complete the VITFF Coaches Registration form and the Coaches Code of Conduct forms; pay the annual registration fee.
- Please have athletes register with the VITFF for the 2022 season.
- Please have athletes update passports.
- Please indicate to the VITFF those athletes you are aware of and familiar with who reside outside the Virgin Islands as well as local residing athletes who are eligible for V.I. CARIFTA Team.
- Please indicate to the VITFF your candidates for the V.I. CARIFTA Team
- Please have your club register with VITFF.
Note: Registration forms for: Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers, Clubs, etc. and the Coaches Code of Conduct as well as the 2022 calendar can be found as follows:
To register as: Athlete | Coach | Tech/Official | Volunteer | Parent |Club/Org, logon to:
VI CARIFTA Games 2022 Qualification Standards
EVENT U17 GIRLS/U20 GIRLS/U17 BOYS/U20 BOYS
100m 12:15/ 11.80/ 11.10/ 10.70
200m 24:65 24.20 22.30 21.60
400m 58.00 56.00 49.70 48.50
800m 2:18:00 2:15:00 1.59.00 1.55.00
1500m 4:55:00 4:48:00 4:18:00 4.04.00
3000/5000m 11:00 11:00 9.55 16.30
100/110h 15:00 14.85 14.00 14.5
400h 1.05.50 01.02.70 56.00 54.00
L J 5.35m 5.70 6.70 7.20
HJ 1.65m 1.74 1.90m 2.00
TJ 11.00m 12.50 13.50m 14.80
DISCUS 34.00 38.65 41.50m 45.00
JAVELIN 35.00 40.00 52.00m 58.00
SHOT PUT 11.00 12.50 13.80m 15.50
POLE VAULT U17-BOYS: 3.20m and U20 BOYS: 3.90m
PENTATHLON (Open) U 20 GIRLS: 3180 pts and U17 BOYS: Heptathlon and U20 BOYS: 4500 pts
Subject to revision…