Reconstruction and restoration work continued Tuesday with more than 1,100 customers being restored across the territory.
Crews worked in areas including:
- St. Croix: Plessen, Grove Place, Upper Love, Coble, Jealousy, Calquahoun, Mutual Homes, Hermon Hill, Work & Rest, Catherine’s Rest, Annas Hope, Mon Bijou, Judith’s Fancy, Glynn, Cane, Frederickshaab, Two Williams, Whim, La Grange, Cane Carlton, Concordia and Castle Coakley.
- St. John: Cruz Bay, Great Cruz Bay, Carolina, Zootenvaal, Upper Carolina and Bordeaux.
- St. Thomas: Brass View, Bakkeroe, Bolongo, Watergate Villas, Hawk Hill Condos, Flag Hill, Frenchman’s Bay, Frydendahl, Mariendahl, Smith Bay and Mandahl. A number of commercial customers in the Subbase and Crown Bay areas were reenergized today.
Priority reconstruction and restoration work areas this week include:
- On St. Croix: All for the Better, Anna’s Hope, Barren Spot, Bethlehem/Middle Works, Calquahoun, Carlton, Catherine’s Rest, Concordia, Glynn, Golden Rock, Grove Place, Judith’s Fancy, La Grande Princesse, Lorraine Village, Mon Bijou, Mount Pleasant, Mutual Homes, Paradise, Peter’s Rest, Plessen, Smithfield, St. John, Tipperary, Two Brothers, Two Williams, Union & Mount Washington, Upper Bethlehem, Upper Love, Whim, William’s Delight, and Work & Rest.
- On St. John: Adrian, Bethany, Beverhoutberg, Calabash Boom, Carolina, Chocolate Hole, Contant, Enighed, Gifft & Regenback, Gluksberg, Grunwald, North Shore Road, Pastory, Rendezvous & Ditleff, and Southside Road.
- On St. Thomas: Anna’s Retreat, Anna’s Retreat West, Atlantic Road, Bakkero, Blackbeard’s Hill, Blackbeard’s Castle, Bolongo, Bonne Resolution, Bovoni, Douglas Street, Hope, Pearl, Estate Thomas, Flag Hill, Fortuna, Frenchman’s Bay, Frydendahl, Frydenhoj, Great Bay, Hidden Valley, Hospital Ground, Lerkenlund, Lindbergh Bay, Lytton’s Fancy, Magens Bay Road, Mandahl, Mariendahl, Nazareth, Norre Gade, Nye Gade, Peterborg, Red Hook Road, Rhymer Highway / Donoe, Skyline Drive, Smith Bay, Solberg, Subbase, Taarneberg, Tabor & Harmony, Tutu, Tutu High Rise 1 and Wintberg.
WAPA crews and meter services personnel are deployed in many of the restoration work areas ensuring that all customers whose homes or businesses are ready to be reconnected to the electric grid, are restored. At this stage of the restoration, any customer who has had damage to a meter base and/or weather head and has completed repairs, is urged to secure certification of the repairs, in writing, from their licensed electrician. The certification must then be submitted to the Customer Service office so restoration can be scheduled.
The WAPA Customer Service office on St. John will operate on a limited schedule until further notice. The office will open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Due to internet connectivity challenges, limited service will be available at this location. Only checks, certified checks and money orders will be accepted as a form of payment. Cash and credit card payments will not be accepted until further notice. Customers must provide account numbers in order to process all transactions.
Reconstruction, restoration and hurricane debris removal crews are staged across the islands. Motorists are asked to exercise caution when driving through the work areas and to heed the directions of flaggers and VIPD officers who are assisting with traffic control.
Residents are reminded of the need to shut off standby generators when line crews are in your neighborhood restoring electrical service. A standby generator has the potential to back feed electricity to the grid which poses a severe safety risk to restoration crews.
POTABLE WATER SYSTEM
- There are six days of emergency water storage on St. John, eight days on St. Thomas, and five days on St. Croix.
- WAPA telephone contact: St. Thomas – St. John district, 340-774-3552; St. Croix district, 340-773-2250.
- Customer Service Offices operate Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Sunny Isle on St. Croix and at Port of Sale Mall on St. Thomas. On St. John, the Customer Service office at The Marketplace offers limited service on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, 10 am – 3 pm.
- The latest information on the restoration effort is available on the WAPA website, www.viwapa.vi and on Facebook: Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority.