On Monday, the Virgin Islands Department of Health confirmed the territory’s 120th death related to COVID-19. The deceased is a 77-year-old female on St. Thomas.
The Department continues to work to slow the spread of COVID-19 and asks residents to continue to follow preventive measures by practicing social distancing, wearing a mask when in the company of others outside of those in your household, cleaning frequently used areas thoroughly, and washing your hands often with soap and warm water.
The Department of Health encourages people to get the COVID-19 vaccine and booster to prevent severe illness and death.
A new schedule for vaccinations and boosters went into effect July 1, and all vaccinations will take place as a regular part of the Department of Health’s clinic schedules. All appointment services for vaccines operated by VITEMA have been discontinued.
For the public’s convenience the dates and times for vaccinations are:
For adults, age 18 and older:
- On St. Croix the Community Health Clinic is in Modular 1 at the Charles Harwood
Memorial Complex. Vaccines and boosters are available on Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., for all adults (ages 18 and up). Please call 340-718-1311 ext. 3895 or 3822 for information or to make an appointment.
- On St. Thomas the Community Health Clinic is on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Vaccines and boosters are available Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Ages 18 and up). Please call 340-774-7447 for information or to make an appointment.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups (adult, pediatric, and infant) are now AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
Vaccines for children on St. Croix and St. Thomas will be provided at the MCH clinics.
Parents/Guardians are asked to bring an ID for themselves, the child, and child’s birth certificate.
Pediatric (age 5 to 17 years old) and Infant (age 6 months to 4 years of age):
- On St. Thomas – only on Tuesdays and Fridays at Maternal Child Health (MCH Clinic) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call for an appointment at the 340-777-8804 ext. 2600. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- On St. Croix – operating under a tent adjacent to the CHMC site
Fridays ONLY from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please telephone 340-244-0016 for
information or appointments.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups are by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
For COVID-19 Testing, the schedule is as follows:
- On St. Croix – Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Charles Harwood Memorial parking lot
- On St. Thomas – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Schneider Regional Medical Center loading dock
- On St. John – Wednesday from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.