Supervisor of Elections Caroline F. Fawkes has announced the successful implementation of early voting in both districts. The first day of early voting saw a steady support of voters eager to cast their ballots. Early voting continues Tuesday, July 19 through Monday, Aug. 1. Voting hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on St. Croix and St. Thomas. On St. John, voting begins at 9 a.m. and closes at 4 p.m.
The number of electors who participated in early voting on Monday, July 18, is as follows: St. Thomas – 186, St. Croix – 308 and St. John – 15 for a total of 509 voters.
Supervisor Fawkes expects the number to rise significantly as early voting continues. The early voting locations are:
- District of St. Croix Elections Office at Sunny Isle Shopping Center Unit 26
- District of St Croix at St. Joseph Church Hospitality Lounge
- District of St. Thomas at St. John/St. Thomas at Charlotte Amalie High School Gymnasium
- District of St. Thomas/St. John at Tutu Park Mall (former Scotia Bank location)
- District of St. Thomas/St. John at Julius Sprauve Elementary School Cafeteria
Fawkes is elated with the successful implementation of early voting at many locations across the territory, which is a first for the Elections System. Voters are encouraged to cast their ballots during early voting and make sure to follow all guidelines (wearing a mask, washing or sanitizing hands, social distancing, etc.)
If there are any questions or concerns, contact the Elections Offices at 773-1021 (St. Croix Elections Office) or 774-3107 (St. Thomas Elections Office) or 776-6535 (St. John Office).