The Virgin Islands Department of Human Services is reminding Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients who have received recertification applications via mail that if the forms are not completed and submitted by the due date identified on their application, their benefits will not roll over.
SNAP recipients who recently received letters from the Division of Family Assistance requesting that they complete their Recertification Application and Periodic Report, and provide answers to the letter of request for additional information should pay attention to the due dates on each document received. If the Recertification Application, Periodic Report, or letter requesting additional information are not received by the due dates, then, unfortunately, the benefits will not be automatically uploaded to the individual’s card. This might also result in that person’s case being closed.
For first time applicants, ensure that the application packets are completed and that all required documents and signatures are included.
Please contact your case worker or call the SNAP Certification Offices if there are any questions:
- St. Croix – 772-7100 ext. 7159; 7192
- St. Thomas – 774-0930 ext. 4303 or 774-2399
- St. John – 774-0930 ext. 4303 or 774-2399 or 776-6334 or 776-6335
Option to return the documents:
- In person at 4102 Mars Hill, Frederiksted, VI 00820 · E-Mail – email@example.com
- Drop box located at 4102 Mars Hill, Frederiksted, VI 00820
St. Thomas and St. John
- In person at 1303 Hospital Ground, St. Thomas, VI 00802 · E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop Box located at 1303 Hospital Ground, St. Thomas, VI 00802
1303 Hospital Ground • STE 1 • St. Thomas, VI 00802-6722 • 774-0930
3012 Golden Rock • Christiansted, VI 00802 • 718-2980 — www.dhs.vi.gov
- Drop Box located at Multipurpose Building, 307 Enighed, Contant, Cruz Bay, VI 00830
* Clients can also check their card balance by calling 1-866-884-2868.