Petition Entered for Colaire’s Bail To Be Revoked after Threats, Curfew Violation

Nestor Colaire, who has been charged in connection with the Oct. 29, 2005, murder of David Geiger, the attempted murder of Geiger’s son, Nathan, and the subsequent arson of the Geiger home, could wait for his trial in jail after violating terms of his release.

A St. John resident who asked to remain anonymous approached St. John Tradewinds after he was threatened by Colaire at The Front Yard around midnight on Saturday night, May 13.

Colaire and Robert Ferguson are both charged with attempted murder, arson and being an accessory after the fact in connection with the Geiger case.

Former Co-worker
The former co-worker of the pair said he was confronted by Colaire, who was unhappy about a conversation the resident had with a mutual friend.

“Colaire told me something to the effect of, ‘you’d better watch your step or something is going to happen,’” the man told St. John Tradewinds.

After St. John Tradewinds contacted Attorney General Ernest Bason, chief of the V.I. Justice Department’s criminal division for St. Thomas and St. John, Bason contacted the man and has asked him to testify at a hearing, which has not yet been scheduled.

“I’ve been waiting for the judge to put in for a hearing,” said Bason. “I petitioned for Colaire’s bail to be revoked last Friday (May 19).”

Released Without Bail
Colaire was released from jail on Feb. 6 to the custody of his mother, Marlene Casimir of Pastory, and his aunt, Catherine Morton.

He must remain in his mother’s home from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., check in with the V.I. Police Department daily and must not leave the territory or violate any V.I. laws as a condition of his release.

Although Colaire’s recent violations have been publicized in the media, Bason said he is not worried about Colaire fleeing the territory as he faces returning to jail to await trial.

“I’m not worried about him fleeing,” said Bason. “I doubt he’s going to flee.”

Colaire Left After Murder
Colaire, who was arrested for his involvement in the Geiger case on Dec. 12, traveled to Florida with Ferguson within days of the murder.

Both claimed they had made plans before the murder and arson to travel to Florida to enroll in the U.S. Department of Labor Job Corps program. Jobs Corps officials in Miami later told St. John Tradewinds the two never enrolled in the program.

Colaire and Ferguson returned to the territory voluntarily to answer their arrest warrants which were issued in early November.

The two men are charged with helping Renell Lettsome — who is accused of beating Geiger to death and severely beating Geiger’s son Nathan — set the Geiger residence on fire with the severely injured Nathan inside. As of Thursday afternoon, May 25, Colaire was not in custody.